Patti Buttrick is the controller and responsible for your personal data and for the operation of her website.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
The data collected about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, next of kin and GP details.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone number.
- Booking Data includes the details you input in the booking form and application or intake questionnaire, dates of your booked sessions.
- Session Data includes the information you provide at a session or consultation with Patti Buttrick, including Patti’s session and consultation notes. This may include Special Categories of Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and Data Protection Act 2018 where it is provided by you.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from Patti Buttrick.
Patti Buttrick does not collect financial information as payment is made directly by you via bank transfer or using a third party payment provider such as Stripe and PayPal.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where Patti Buttrick needs to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract she has with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested or where you do not consent, she may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, Patti Buttrick may have to cancel the session you have booked, but will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
Patti Buttrick collects personal data about you from direct interactions with you (for example by phone, at sessions and if you send an email). She also collects data from you in three other ways:
- Website: If you book a Breakthrough session and complete the accompanying questionnaire on her website she will receive this information via the Calendly booking system.
- Masterclass/webinar: If you register for an online webinar/masterclass delivered by Patti Buttrick your name and contact email will be entered into the StealthSeminar website and this will be shared with Patti Buttrick’s MailChimp auto-responder email service, which will send a confirmation email and 2 follow-up emails
- Breakthrough call booking: If you book a Breakthrough call following a webinar/masterclass using the ScheduleOnce booking system and complete the subsequent questionnaire using the Wufoo questionnaire tool
- Intake & consent form: If you become a client of Patti Buttrick’s she will ask you to complete an intake and consent form via Google Forms which will request your contact details, GP details, issue and goal information and consent signature
How we use your personal data
Patti Buttrick will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, she will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- With your consent.
- Where she needs to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where she need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you consent to receiving direct marketing communications from Patti Buttrick via email or text message, you have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting her or by clicking on the links for managing your preferences at the bottom of her emails.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
Patti Buttrick uses your Identity and Contact Data to register you as a new client and uses this together with your Booking Data to register you for sessions in connection with the performance of a contract with you. Your Contact Data is also used for emailing you with invoices for the sessions you have booked pursuant to the contract Patti Buttrick has with you. She may also use these details for her legitimate interests (to recover debts due to her where applicable).
The Session Data is processed with your consent in order that Patti Buttrick may provide the services to you, pursuant to a contract and is kept in order to comply with a legal and/or regulatory obligation.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting Patti Buttrick at any time.
Disclosures of your personal data
Patti Buttrick does not directly share your personal data with any third party. However, in providing the services to you, or enabling you to make a booking or payment, Patti Buttrick may use third party providers such as MailChimp (to send webinar/masterclass confirmation and reminder emails), ScheduleOnce (including the Wufoo application questionnaire, which owned by SurveyMonkey) and Calendly for bookings, and Stripe and PayPal for payment. In addition, booking details and session notes are stored in Patti Buttrick’s personal Google Drive, which is hosted by Google, but which Google does not have access to. ScheduleOnce, Wufoo and Calendly are not authorised by Patti Buttrick to use any personal data for their own purposes and have committed to strict privacy practices.
Please see their privacy policies as follows for more information:
Patti Buttrick put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. She will keep everything confidential in all but the most exceptional circumstances, such as disclosed under a court order (civil, criminal or Coroner’s Court) or where not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to others. Details will be held digitally on a password protected computer and any hardcopies are kept in a lockable cabinet for the sole purpose of contacting you in relation to your Therapy or Coaching and tracking your progress.
Patti Buttrjck has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where she is legally required to do so.
By law and for regulatory reasons we have to keep basic information about our culients (including Session Data) for seven years after they cease being customers as required by our insurers.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data but this does not apply to Session Data.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data, where we are relying on our legitimate interests.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent but this will not affect the processing of data up to that date.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.